Monday, December 24, 2007

Los Angeles to Alaska



The biggest excuse/justification/reason or whatever for buying the Beemer is my plan to ride from Los Angeles to Prudhoe Bay Alaska. It's a route that's been done many times before but I've personally never undertaken a journey like this especially not on a motorcycle. The furthest I've driven by car has been 2,000 miles when I moved out to L.A. from Illinois. I'm having a hard time deciding wheather I should ride back or try to book a cruise to get back to L.A. Seems kinda lame but I've been told the Alaskan cruises are an incredible experience. Lucky for me there's lots of guys that have done it so it's just a matter of doing the research. Time of the year I go because of seasonal road closures will be another consideration in planning as well as how much distance I want to cover everyday and how long I want to visit certain places on the way. Hopefully I'll have a good friend or two along for the journey.

No comments: